Address: Saunders Trace, Moruga
Client: Ministry of Trade and Industry
Project Partners: Rosscon Ltd, Prudecon Ltd, UDeCOTT
The Moruga Agro Processing and Light Industrial Park was opened on Tuesday 14 July 2020 at 2.30pm
- The project was executed by UDeCOTT through an agreement with the Ministry of Trade and Industry via the Evolving Tecknologies and Enterprise Development Company Limited (eTecK) arrangement between Trinidad and Tobago.
- The Industrial Park is situated on 7.6187 hectares of State lands to the north of 2mm Saunders Trace, Moruga.
- The facility will provide five (5) factory shells which will be available for lease and can be utilize for agro processing. Six (6) empty lots will also be provided for development for agro processing and light industrial processing.
- The building sizes range from 250 m2 to 1206 m2. The lot sizes are from 2022 m2 to 10,366m2.
- Some of the agro processes expected at the facility include, fish, pepper, cocoa, fruit and root crop.
- Each shell has facilities such as warehouse space, ice room, vehicle service area, offices, meeting rooms, reception areas, lunch rooms, toilet facilities and change rooms, sick bays, janitor rooms and drop off areas.
- Each shell has water and sewer connections with water storage capacity of 9000 gallons. Each building has an independent connection for electricity. Fire hydrants are placed strategically throughout the compound. Additionally each shell has its own internal CCTV system and fire safety system.
- There are seven regular parking spaces and one handicap parking space at each shell.
- At the peak of construction, the Agro Processing and Light Industrial Park project generated direct employment on a daily basis of over 100 persons with a local labour from the community of approximately 75% minimum.
Contract Signed: 8th May, 2018
Commencement Date: 3rd September 2018
Duration: 22 months
Scheduled Completion Date: 21st March 2019
Actual Completion Date: 10th July 2020
Total Site Area: 7.6187 ha (18.83 acres)
Approximate Building Area: 250 m2 to 1206m2
Building Height: 1 Story
Parking: 7 regular parking spaces and 1 handicap parking space per building