The project was executed by UDeCOTT through an agreement with the Ministry of Agriculture Land and Fisheries
The facility is situated on 5,782m2 or 62,243 ft2 along the Carenage Main Road
The facility provides the following:
- Fourteen vending booths for the sale of fish food delicacies. Each booth is approximately 187sq.ft (17.37m2). Booths are fitted with electrical power, water and facilities for #2 100lbs gas supply (gas supply not included), and equipped with a commercial stainless steel sink. The booths are in two single storey buildings, one on the east and the other on the western side of the site with covered walkways.
- There is a paved, central open-air court area for dining with table seating accommodation for approximately 150 persons.
- South of the central court is a pavilion for performances. In front of the stage, there is space for at least 90 folding chairs, more if the tables are removed. For a standing only function the courtyard, area can accommodate about 750 persons– post Covid.
- The facility has male and female washrooms, performer changing room, janitors’ closet, storeroom and administrative office.
- South of the pavilion there is a landscaped park that connects with a boardwalk along the water’s edge.
- Provision is made for water storage (9,000 gallons), water pump and trash storage.
- Security lighting and CCTV monitoring is installed.
- Staff/Admin Office
- Attractive artwork with a fishing theme adorns the walls at the entrance of the Facility.
- “The Fish Fry” will be a welcome addition to the Carenage strip providing good food, entertainment and an environment for social interaction or quiet relaxation. Post Covid it should become a hub of activity.